Valley House, a Home in Madeira
Funchal - Villa
Welcome to this fully renovated villa with two bedrooms, two bath with a private swimming pool and sauna, just a stone's throw away from Funchal’s historic city centre. With views of the ocean, this home is ideal for families and groups of up to four who are looking to indulge in relaxation and comfort while exploring the best that Madeira has to offer.
As you enter the villa, you'll be greeted by a spacious and living area featuring a plush sofa and large flat-screen TV, providing the perfect space for relaxation and entertainment. The open-plan design seamlessly flows into the fully equipped modern kitchen and dining area, where you can easily prepare and enjoy meals together. The kitchen is fitted with state-of-the-art Bosch appliances including a stove, oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. Downstairs, you’ll find a laundry room.
Both bedrooms are decorated and air-conditioned to provide you with the perfect night's sleep. The master bedroom features a queen-size bed, an en-suite bathroom with a free-standing glass shower and a sauna and opens to the terrace overlooking the valley. The second bedroom has another queen-sized bed and its own bathroom. Each bedroom has views of the ocean, and its own entrance to the terrace. The indoor space is 128 m2 (1400 sqft), with an equally large outdoor living space.
Outside, enjoy your own private oasis, where you can indulge and relax in the swimming pool. The pool deck features sun loungers, perfect for soaking up the warm Madeiran sun, an outdoor dining and cooking area with a barbecue, perfect for entertaining and enjoying alfresco dining. The house has a large wrap-around terrace overlooking the mountain valley and the sea.
The house is conveniently located just a short distance (2 km) from the historic city centre of Funchal, the Zona Velha, where you can explore the famous open-air market Mercado dos Lavradores, stroll the charming streets, and visit local restaurants, all within steps of the ocean.
By car, there is easy access to the main highway and efficient travel anywhere on the island. There is also a bus stop just outside the house for trips to the city centre.
With its amenities and prime location, this home is the perfect choice for your vacation in Madeira, conveniently located near the city centre.
We are available to aid and suggest places and activities to discover the island off the usual tourist circuits.
Though it is not necessary, we recommend a car. Free street parking is possible just outside.
The location is on the hillside, and access is via a private gate and stairway. This may be difficult for people with limited mobility.
The swimming pool can be heated upon request with extra fee (minimum 5 days). The request to heat the swimming pool must by at least 5 days in advance and will be confirmed with the payment notice. On cold days, the pool heating may not be enough to reach 24ºC. To increase the temperature, it is essential to keep the pool covered at night and when is not in use.
Please note that this house is near a major thoroughfare, and as such there may be traffic noise, which is attenuated by closing the windows. There is also potential noise from air conditioning in the bedrooms.
We ask that all guests keep food well-packed, so as to limit attracting insects given the island climate.
Cleaning is done before guests check in and there is a weekly maintenance cleaning, which includes the change of bed linen and towels. Additional cleaning may be requested.
Per local law, our accommodation is officially registered, meets the requirements to ensure safety and comfort, and has a complaints book controlled by local authorities.
1. Parties or behaviour that disturb the peace and well-being of neighbours are not allowed, especially between 10 pm and 8 am when neighbourhood noise is prohibited.
2. An online check-in form will be sent to collect essential identification data for check-in, arrival time and means of transport, which must be submitted by guests at least two days before arrival.
3. Self-check-in with flexible arrival time is available via a key lockbox whose code is created and sent on the day of arrival. For face-to-face check-in, it is necessary to schedule the time and the waiting time is 60 minutes, after which a new time can be scheduled according to our availability.
4. Guests may be required to present identification upon arrival and provide missing identification details to comply with legal requirements.
5. The number of guests must be informed in the reservation and can be changed up to the limit of the capacity of the accommodation with an additional price. From 2 guests, the price increases by up to 10% per guest.
Open plan kitchen (electric)
GeneralTouristic Registration Number: 136964/AL
Distribution of bedrooms
Mandatory or included services
- No pets allowed
From the booking date until 15 days before check-in, cancellation would have a penalty of 5% of the total price of the rent.
In case of cancellation the following charges will apply
- The agency asks you to contact them a week before arrival to inform them of your plane/ship Nº and the arrival time to arrange key collection.
- We kindly ask you to phone us about your arrival time once you are at your destination.
Map and distances
Shops - Pingo Doce Anadia
Town centre - Mercado dos Lavradores
Nature reserve - Jardim Botanico da Madeira
Restaurant - Restaurantes Rua Santa Maria
Rock beach - Praia da Barreirinha
Golf course - Palheiro Golf
Airport - Aeroporto da Madeira
Sand beach - Praia de Machico
Golf course - Clube de Golf Santo da Serra
|December - 2023|
|January - 2024|
|February - 2024|
|March - 2024|
|April - 2024|
|May - 2024|
|DatesPrice(night) VAT included|
Discount of 15% for bookings of more than 27 nights
From 07/12/2023 to 26/11/2025
Discount of 10% for bookings of more than 9 nights
From 07/12/2023 to 26/11/2025