Villa Santa Madalena, a Home in Madeira
Arco da Calheta - Villa
The house is in a quiet rural area surrounded by a banana field and a garden, near the village of Calheta, with a wide view of the sea and the surrounding farmland.
The property includes a restored traditional Madeiran house with swimming pool, terrace, balcony, garden, car parking and other facilities.
This house stands out for its details and authenticity, to make you feel welcome and provide comfort to the whole family, adults and children, as if you were at home.
The decoration includes genuine art works to enhance the authenticity of the house and there are plenty of toys and amenities for children and for families to enjoy the experience in the house.
The swimming pool is private and exclusively for the guests of the house. The swimming pool is heated under request (extra fee applicable) and can be used whenever the weather is favourable.
The house has 160 m2 and consists of three bedrooms with double beds, two spacious bathrooms, two living rooms, a dining area and a full kitchen. On the upper floor there are two bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room, a dining area and a kitchen. On the ground floor there is a bedroom, a small living room and a bathroom. Both floors can be used separately by a group of guests for more privacy. The connection between the two floors is from the outside.
Is equipped with dishwasher, washer, refrigerator, cooker, microwave and other utensils, as well as bed linen, towels, Wi-Fi (500 Mbps), TV with international and children’s channels, and other amenities to provide a pleasant and relaxed stay.
The property is in a rural area near the village of Calheta, where there is a sand beach and many restaurants and cafes.
Calheta is located in the southwestern part of the island, which has the best weather conditions in Madeira.
A few kilometres away there are stunning cliffs, mountains and Laurissilva forest for nature lovers and hikers.
Nearby you can enjoy many outdoor activities such as hiking, paragliding, mountain biking, surfing, fishing and other nautical activities.
A small grocery shop and cafes are available within walking distance. Larger supermarkets and restaurants are available within few minutes’ drive.
The property has easy access to the major roads.
We are available to provide support during your stay, to recommend places and activities you may like and to find solutions for your needs.
Cleaning is done before guests check in and then there is a weekly maintenance cleaning, which includes the change of bed linen and towels. To increase the frequency, an additional cleaning service must be requested.
A car is recommended, but there are bus stops nearby.
As the entrance to the parking area and several roads in Madeira have a steep slope and very sharp curves, smaller vehicles with a powerful engine and high ground clearance are recommended. If you have difficulty parking near the house, you can use free parking places in the neighbourhood.
The swimming pool can be heated upon request with extra fee (minimum 5 days). The request to heat the swimming pool must by at least 5 days in advance and will be confirmed with the payment notice.
On cold days, the pool heating may not be enough to reach 27ºC. To increase the temperature, it is essential to keep the pool covered at night and when you are not using it.
To take care of the garden and banana field, and for pool maintenance, some authorized workers may access the property periodically.
The house has a security system with video surveillance that is deactivated. There is a video surveillance camera outside near the entrance that does not cover private areas of the house.
The accommodation is officially registered, meets the requirements to ensure safety and comfort, and has a complaints book controlled by the competent authorities.
1. Parties or behaviour that disturb the peace and well-being of neighbours are not allowed, especially between 10 pm and 8 am when neighbourhood noise is prohibited.
2. An online check-in form will be sent to collect essential identification data for check-in, arrival time and means of transport, which must be submitted by guests at least two days before arrival.
3. Self-check-in with flexible arrival time is available via a key lockbox whose code is created and sent on the day of arrival. For face-to-face check-in, it is necessary to schedule the time and the waiting time is 60 minutes, after which a new time can be scheduled according to our availability.
4. Guests may be required to present identification upon arrival and provide missing identification details to comply with legal requirements.
5. The number of guests must be informed in the reservation and can be changed up to the limit of the capacity of the accommodation with an additional price. From 2 guests, the price increases by up to 10% per guest.
GeneralTouristic Registration Number: 121348/AL
Distribution of bedrooms
Mandatory or included services
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
From the booking date until 15 days before check-in, cancellation would have a penalty of 5% of the total price of the rent.
In case of cancellation the following charges will apply
- The agency asks you to contact them a week before arrival to inform them of your plane/ship Nº and the arrival time to arrange key collection.
- We kindly ask you to phone us about your arrival time once you are at your destination.
Map and distances
Restaurant - Snack Bar S. Braz
Shops - Frutaria do Arco
Restaurant - Engenho Velho Hotel Restaurante
Restaurant - Manifattura Di Gelato
Sand beach - Praia da Calheta
Town centre - Vila da Calheta
Shops - Pingo Doce Calheta
Golf course - Palheiro Golf
Airport - Aeroporto da Madeira
|December - 2023|
|January - 2024|
|February - 2024|
|March - 2024|
|April - 2024|
|May - 2024|
|DatesPrice(night) VAT included|
Discount of 15% for bookings of more than 27 nights
From 04/12/2023 to 23/11/2025
Discount of 10% for bookings of more than 9 nights
From 04/12/2023 to 23/11/2025